Literature of Horror, Fantasy & Sci-Fi Spring 2011

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why the spiders, Neil?


I am in love with Neil Gamien. I want to be in Stormhold with Neil. I want to read all of his books. Anansi Boys is more adult then the rest of his novels I've read though and was not as thrilled as normal. I enjoy the sickness of his children's novels. He is witty, funny, intelligent no matter the age he is writing for. Anansi Boys is defiantly not my favorite novel of his, it is a story about a lame main character and amazing side characters. I was more interested in Spider, Daisy, and everyone around them. I love modern takes on myth, I love his semi-steam punk feel.
*pause*
I want him.
*un-pause*
I will write more soon but at the moment I'm to busy being in love.
I defiantly love Stardust (the book) much more than his attempts at adult novels. He just know who to get a young girls heart racing, in more than one way. Anansi Boys play with my love for small adventures done in big ways, by having no huge plot. Instead he plays with a small quest and goal. I feel like Fat Charlie was a mistake of a main character and can't get past the lack of death and destruction in the novel.
Anywho, I shall move back to Stardust now. For a fantasy Gamien makes is so believable, like all his books. He makes sense without truth. He shows the little things that make a big story and while doing so has an amazing accent. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment