Literature of Horror, Fantasy & Sci-Fi Spring 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bibidi bobidi boo

I am currently reading The Magician and will write more, but right now, I am reading chapter 5 and do not wish to stop. Ever.
And now I am done. Wow, I loved this story. I was never much into Harry Potter (after book 3) and really the closest I get to magic is Name of the Wind. Honestly though this book was clever, rich, and funny. The dynamic to the magicians vs. the normal people and the people who aren't so normal is intelligent and witty. I admit that it took so getting used to his slow writing style, but I much preferred it over Anansi Boys and other books that just fly by.
Although he covers the span of 5-years in the book I felt like only minutes went by. He is a human, a magician, a goose, a sex-craved fox all in the same breathe. Maybe I was just holding my breathe until he and Alice got together, but it was worth it. I could feel this debauchery and strive and really, Quincy just reminded me of myself. The story was not heavy plot but it had enough to keep you going.
I am very excited to see where the series goes, and I will buying the next book once its on the selves.
It must be said here and now though, my favorite kind of magic is with cards.
(look below for details)

No comments:

Post a Comment