Literature of Horror, Fantasy & Sci-Fi Spring 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brains or no Brains

I started off reading this text bored. I have just finished reading "World War Z" and to my knowledge any other zombie text would not compare. Nonetheless David brought me in by chapter two. By taking the view points of many different characters and times he shows digression in a new light. Gary's character brings the most interest to me, his point of view, through being an undead is wonderful. Gary is what changes the idea of zombies being things with no emotion, hungry for more, into a new dimension.
Since my introduction to zombies with Dawn of the Dead, I have always assumed that zombies were a metaphor for societies lack of humanity. Though this holds true, especially with that state of New York, Gary is able to create this anomaly. What if zombies were friends?
Zombies for me though are a way to plan for worst-case-sanario events. Unlike any other monster, zombies don't just appear scattered... outnumbered masses would attack like any given disaster. Now, I have to say with that in mind, zombie clowns freak me out. I mean! Come on! They only thing worse would be a zombie Barney... and don't get me started on that.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I don't know why I picked this song... just reminds me of the end. -JSRS

    ReplyDelete